FIRST Robotics competition - San Diego
Please come out to cheer on your favorite high school teams at the thirteenth annual FIRST Robotics San Diego Regional Competition which will be held at UCSD from March 24-26.
Dates: San Diego Regional - March 24-26
Doors open each morning at 8:00 am..
Admission is Free (there may be a fee for parking)
For more information go to:
Come see robots developed and operated by high school teams from California, Hawaii, Utah, Arizona, Turkey, Mexico, Chinese Taipei and Chile.
Last year, several local teams made it to the FIRST Championship in Houston. If you attend the competition look for HCSD President and FIRST referee, Loreen Collins, on the field.
From the FIRST Robotics website:
Combining the excitement of sport with the rigors of science and technology. We call FIRST Robotics Competition the ultimate Sport for the Mind. High-school student participants call it “the hardest fun you’ll ever have.” Under strict rules, limited resources, and an intense six-week time limit, teams of students are challenged to raise funds, design a team "brand," hone teamwork skills, and build and program industrial-size robots to play a difficult field game against like-minded competitors. It’s as close to real-world engineering as a student can get. Volunteer professional mentors lend their time and talents to guide each team. Each season ends with an exciting FIRST Championship.
FIRST Robotics Competition teams get to:
• Learn from professional engineers
• Master STEM skills
• Learn and use sophisticated software, hardware, and power tools
• Build and compete with a robot of their own design
• Improve teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Compete and cooperate in alliances and tournaments
• Understand and practice Gracious Professionalism™
• Earn a place at the FIRST Championship
• Qualify for millions of dollars in college scholarships