FIRST Robotics competition - DEL MAR
The inaugural FIRST Robotics Del Mar Regional Competition and the thirteenth annual FIRST Robotics San Diego Regional Competition will be held in the Del Mar Arena at Del Mar Fairgrounds in March.
Dates: Del Mar Regional - March 1-3, San Diego Regional March 7-9
Doors open each morning at 8:00 am..
Address: 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd., Del Mar, 92014
Admission is Free (there may be a fee for parking)
For more information go to: https://www.thebluealliance.com/event/2019cadm
Come see robots developed and operated by high school teams from California, Hawaii, Utah, Arizona, Turkey, Mexico, Chinese Taipei and Chile.
Last year, several local teams made it to the FIRST Championship in Houston. If you attend the competition look for HCSD President and FIRST referee, Loreen Collins, on the field.
From the FIRST Robotics website:
Combining the excitement of sport with the rigors of science and technology. We call FIRST Robotics Competition the ultimate Sport for the Mind. High-school student participants call it “the hardest fun you’ll ever have.” Under strict rules, limited resources, and an intense six-week time limit, teams of students are challenged to raise funds, design a team "brand," hone teamwork skills, and build and program industrial-size robots to play a difficult field game against like-minded competitors. It’s as close to real-world engineering as a student can get. Volunteer professional mentors lend their time and talents to guide each team. Each season ends with an exciting FIRST Championship.
FIRST Robotics Competition teams get to:
• Learn from professional engineers
• Master STEM skills
• Learn and use sophisticated software, hardware, and power tools
• Build and compete with a robot of their own design
• Improve teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Compete and cooperate in alliances and tournaments
• Understand and practice Gracious Professionalism™
• Earn a place at the FIRST Championship
• Qualify for millions of dollars in college scholarships