HCSD Goes to the Opera - DON QUIXOTE
Join fellow Harvard alumni for an evening of culture and music at our annual trip to the San Diego Opera and enjoy 20% off tickets!
THE SAN DIEGO OPERA PRESENTS DON QUIXOTE
Friday, April 11, 2014 at 7:00pm
The San Diego Civic Theatre, Third Avenue and B Street, Downtown San Diego
In the magical world of Don Quixote’s Spain, the eccentric knight pursues his impossible dream of capturing the heart of Dulcinea, his idealized woman, who sends him on a quest to recover her stolen necklace. With his loyal sidekick Sancho, he tilts at giant windmills, confronts bandits, and is nearly killed, but achieves his goal. However, when he returns with the prize, he is mocked, scorned and rejected. In one of the most emotional scenes in opera, the delirious Quixote dies believing he hears Dulcinea’s voice calling to him from a distant star.
INCLUDES: A FREE BACKSTAGE TOUR PRE-OPERA PRESENTATION
VIP INTERMISSION RECEPTION
English translations displayed above the stage.
Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to experience an incredible evening with your family, friends and colleagues!
This great offer includes:
- A 20% discount on your tickets (offer outlined below)
- $7.50 handling fee waived
- Free Backstage Tour of the Civic Theater before the performance
- Free pre-opera lecture, 1 hour before the performance
- Private Intermission Reception in the Sills Salon for Harvard Club members
- Stay in the theatre and keep the party going at Afterglow, San Diego Opera's new after-opera lounge. Mingle with the stars, and enjoy a signature cocktail
For tickets visit The Harvard Club’s opera webpage - HERE
Contact Vanessa Dinning at San Diego Opera:
Tel: 619-533-7047 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org